Tuesday, January 15, 2013

A Mid-Blog Crisis


Disclaimer: This blog post is an original work. I promise. Google all you want! You won't find it anywhere else.

The time has come for me to face my fears.

The mission: Find My Voice
The location: Blogland, circa 2013
The objective: Stop mooching off of others and actually say something original.

I know, I sound like an English teacher with the whole "find my voice" shpeel (and to be honest, those are the words directly out of my english teacher's mouth), but I think I need to do some serious voice-searching. I've spent my first few months in Blogland amassing research and sharing it would you, the people from the United States, the United Kingdom, and Germany (and that lone soul from the Dominican Republic) who actually read these posts. You may have noticed, nay (yes I just said "nay"), you've definitely noticed that I basically quote the words of others- namely authors of education inequality-related articles and books- and rarely venture into the scary world of My Own Opinion. Well folks, the time as come for me to leave my childhood behind and take this critical step towards adulthood. In my next few posts, I am going to work hard to include some words that originate from my own noggin, not Google Scholar. In fact, some might say that I am aiming to develop the "scholar" in me. Sounds fancy, no?

Despite the momentous, life-changing nature of the task that lies ahead, I hope that this mission- whether it succeeds or fails- will be a growth experience for me. After all, I do spend all of my free time writing on this thing. And I REALLY don't want to spend my entire winter vacation on a task that bares no fruit.

Until next time, enjoy my past unoriginal blog posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment